The area around our school becomes extremely hazardous especially during the peak afternoon pick up period. This causes concern for parents and can be very distressing for the students.
Your co-operation and patience when using the Kiss and Drive system will provide your children with a safer, less traumatic environment.
Six bays in Candlewood Boulevard have been designated as the Kiss & Drive area and are especially for the set-down and pick up of students. This process allows more vehicles to use the same bay in the 10 to 15 minute peak period after school.
How the Kiss and Drive works:
- Move as near to the front of the Kiss & Drive bays as possible.
- Always be courteous to other road users.
- Children will wait in the school grounds near the Kiss & Drive bays.
- Bays to be used only for set down and pick up of students.
- If your child is not ready don’t stop – drive around the block and try again.
- No parking permitted in the pick-up bays.
- Always indicate to enter and leave the Kiss & Drive bays.
- Ensure children entering the vehicle put on their seat restraint.
- Stop in Kiss & Drive bays (use forward most bays).
- Students alight from left of vehicle.
- Parents/carers must remain in the vehicle.
- When students clear of vehicle indicate right and enter traffic flow.
- Follow the voluntary one-way traffic flow
- Only enter Kiss & Drive area if your children are ready to be picked up.
- If children are not ready, drive around the school and rejoin the queue.
40km School Zone from 7.30am – 9am and 2.30pm – 4pm
In the interests of children’s safety, parents are not to use the Staff Car Park areas as a drop off or collection point or allow children to take short cuts through this area.